Thursday, August 21, 2008

Family Tree


"Tell me, tell me if anything got finished" Leonardo daVinci

The second I discovered I was pregnant I became a target market for merchandise, books and advise I didn't know existed. Of all the things I read one fact stayed with me; my daughter was conceived with an egg formed in my ovaries when I was just 8 weeks old in my mother's belly. Our connection to the past does start before we are born and that inspires me. When I was growing up my great grandfather was a stone monument that stood in our church yard... now he a son, a husband, a father... he lived, he dreamed, and he left a history.

photo by Leo Fisher

My family tree.

Me
/ \
Ronnie and Veronica Rudolph (nee MacDonald)
/ \
Roy and Mary Catherine MacDonald (Snow)
/ \
James Henry and Sarah Snow (Leadbeater)
/ \
Darius and Catherine Snow (Vogler)

James Henry Snow was a Sagittarius born November 28th 1881. In 1901 he is listed as a miner living in Port Dufferin. He married Sarah Ann Leadbeater (born December 4th 1884 to Moses and Bessy) June 8th 1904 at Saint Bee's Anglican Church in Westville. They had a son, James Albert born May 31st 1905. In 1907 James Henry he is a miner living on Acadia Avenue in Westville - probably with Sarah's family. In 1914 he is an Agent living on Main Street in Westville. Mary Catherine was born October 15th 1916. She was baptized at St.Paul's Anglican Church in Halifax so at some point James and Sarah moved from Westville to Halifax. December 6th 1917 9:06am Halifax Explosion. May 13th 1920 James Henry died at the Halifax Ship Yards. My grandmother was 3 1/2.

Mary Catherine married my grandfather (Roy Hallett MacDonald) December 22nd 1934. Sarah remarried Demmick Hopper and died in Truro February 18th 1955. Mary Catherine passed away surrounded by her family at the VG Site, QEii.

-Tami

No comments: